Myanmar urged to tap potential of 2035 ‘demographic dividend’
News Type: Expo News
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) has urged the government to take advantage of the “demographic dividend” to ensure the development of the country, noting that in less than 20 years, 67 percent of its population will be of working age.
The UN agency said that only 33pc of people will be categorised as dependents by 2035.
“So that’s a significant turning point for Myanmar,” Ramanathan Balakrishnan, UNFPA’s representative for Myanmar, said.
He added that Myanmar is at the threshold of a demographic dividend, which could be used to significantly boost the economic growth of the country.
The agency said that Myanmar needs to invest in the quality and wider access of education, health and jobs in order to profit from the dividend.
Source From：The Myanmar Times
Related Link：Click Here
- Updated National Export Strategy to add new sectors, address constraints March 29, 2019
- Myanmar's CMP export volume reaches $2 bn in 5 months March 20, 2019
- 仰光举行第七届国际纺织暨制衣机械展（视频） December 9, 2018
- Build Your Team with Global Players Here December 8, 2018
- Influential Leaders Kickoff the Annual Ceremony December 6, 2018