Trade volume rises to US$8.87 billion
Release Date: July 24, 2017
The country’s total trade volume reached US$8.87 billion by July 14, up by US$1.32 billion from the same period of last year, according to the Commerce Ministry.
The trade deficit was US$1.76 billion, up from US$1.3 billion at the same time last year, the ministry said.
Exports accounted for US$3.55 billion and imports were US$5.32 billion.
Sea trade volume amounted to US$6.87 billion and border trade US$1.99 billion. The former increased by US$1.3 billion and border trade by US$15.19 million compared with the same period last year.
Myanmar exports farm produce, animal products, mining products, forest products and industrial finished products. It imports personal goods, raw materials and capital products.
Source From: Eleven
- Zone-B of Thilawa SEZ project in high demand July 18, 2018
- Chinese demand for Myanmar cotton could surge on trade war with US July 13, 2018
- CMP garment’s export earnings up $ 382 m July 4, 2018
- All companies need to re-register starting from August 1 June 25, 2018
- Better PR, infrastructure needed to woo more Korean investors June 21, 2018