Myanma Awba opens new agrochemical production complex in Yangon
News Type: Expo News
Journalists tour the HAIC in Hmawbi township. Thiha Ko Ko/The Myanmar Times
Myanma Awba Group, Myanmar’s largest manufacturer and distributor of agricultural technology, launched Myanmar’s first private agrochemical production complex in Yangon Region on August 19.
The US$35 million Hmawbi Agricultural Input Complex (HAIC) is located near Wa Nat Kyaung Village in Hmawbi Township, occupying 126 acres of land.
HAIC is aiming to manufacture 3.3 million-10.3 million liters of insecticides, fungicides, and herbicides in concentrate form within the next four years. It will also manufacture 1.7 million-5 million kilograms in powder form.
Myanma Awba is planning to utilize solar power and greenhouse technology to manage its own production costs and power consumption needs.
Read the full article: https://www.mmtimes.com/news/myanma-awba-opens-new-agrochemical-production-complex-yangon.html
MYANMAR TIMES / THIHA KO KO 20 AUG 2018
- The 4 in 1 Myanmar Int'l Manufacturing Industry Fairs, one-stop-purchasing platform for total solution November 1, 2018
- Renewable energy law in the works to speed up development September 19, 2018
- Myanmar to manufacture electric buses September 7, 2018
- Locomotive factory construction in Nay Pyi Taw to finish in December September 5, 2018
- Korean bus maker to do business in Myanmar August 31, 2018