Locomotive factory construction in Nay Pyi Taw to finish in December
News Type: Expo News
The construction of the locomotive factory in Nay Pyi Taw will be finalized by the end of this year, according to Ministry of Transportation and Communications.
The factory will assemble and manufacture electric diesel engines with a capacity of 2,000 horsepower which will be equipped with a computer controlled system, at the end of this month. The factory can manufacture about 20 diesel engines annually depending on the availability of tools and parts.
The minister was briefed about the assembling process of 10 diesel engines, cutting work of raw iron materials using CNC machines, the manufacturing process of a locomotive frame and body, fitting process of pipes, painting and electric wiring process in the engine.
Myanma Railways (MR) began construction of a factory in Nay Pyi Taw to build new engines and to assemble locomotives on June 1, 2015 and the whole project is slated for completion in late December this year. The factory, which consists of 14 buildings made of reinforced concrete with steel structures and sheets, was constructed on 18 acres of land.
Read the full article: http://www.elevenmyanmar.com/local/14909
Submitted by Eleven on Wed, 09/05/2018 - 14:09
Writer: Shun Le Win
- The 4 in 1 Myanmar Int'l Manufacturing Industry Fairs, one-stop-purchasing platform for total solution November 1, 2018
- Renewable energy law in the works to speed up development September 19, 2018
- Myanmar to manufacture electric buses September 7, 2018
- Korean bus maker to do business in Myanmar August 31, 2018
- HG Metal commits to Myanmar joint venture August 24, 2018