Myanmar to manufacture electric buses
Release Date: September 7, 2018
Myanmar will manufacture marketable electric buses using Modulo technology from Hungary and sell them domestically and internationally, said Khin Maung Cho, Minister for Industry.
“We are cooperating with external experts to produce electric motors that will be installed at electric buses in industries in Thagara Industrial Land. Modulo technology from Hungary will be applied. Electric buses are marketable as they don’t produce fumes hurting the environment. The electric buses will be manufactured and sold locally and internationally,” said Minister Khin Maung Cho.
Diesel engines will be manufactured in accord with policies and regulations in Thagara Industrial Land. Negotiations with Green Power Myanmar Co, Ltd have begun in order to manufacture electric buses. Ambulances are being manufactured in line with rules and regulations laid down by the government and have already been sold to the Ministry of Health and Sports. We have received orders from the private hospitals, said Minister Khin Maung Cho.
Read the full article: http://www.elevenmyanmar.com/local/14944
Submitted by Eleven on Fri, 09/07/2018 - 15:39
Writer: Soe Min Htaik + Sithu / Translated and Edited by Win Htut
- Renewable energy law in the works to speed up development September 19, 2018
- Locomotive factory construction in Nay Pyi Taw to finish in December September 5, 2018
- Korean bus maker to do business in Myanmar August 31, 2018
- HG Metal commits to Myanmar joint venture August 24, 2018
- Nearly 80 foreign enterprises permitted to run in Myanmar's Yangon August 23, 2018